Lately, pellet grills have been garnering lots of attention in the BBQ community. They combine the mouthwatering flavor of wood smokers and the convenience of gas grills. No wonder BBQ enthusiasts can’t stop talking about them. If you’re looking to surprise your friends with your smoked meat next summer, you can’t go wrong with a pellet grill.
But while the best pellet grills are matchless, finding them is where the hard work is. With the market filled with fake advertising gimmicks nowadays, you don’t know who to trust. Here is a guide to offer some guidance for the reviewed top pellet grills in the market. Thus, continue reading to discover the ideal pellet grill for your needs. Let’s get underway!
4 Best Pellet Grills
There are dozens of models from the top brands. Below are the top 5 picks for the pellet grills that you can make the most informed decision.
1. Cookshack PG500 Fast Eddy’s Pellet Grill
The Cookshack PG500 Fast Eddy’s Pellet Grill takes the top spot here. It has a hardcore stainless-steel construction, giving it an outlook that screams durability. Furthermore, this product gives you a two-in-one experience, as it can double as a smoker. And with its large racks, it’s suitable for commercial purposes.
That said, the unique thing about this unit is its improved temperature control. It sports an incredible automatic auger, which provides a high-temperature range. It also provides some intricate settings. For easy maintenance, the grill comes with dishwasher-safe racks and grates. You will appreciate that. But this unit may bore some hole in your pocket as it costs $2,079, which is somewhat expensive.
2. PIT BOSS PB440D2 Wood Pellet Grill
Despite costing less than $700, this is another incredible grill on this list. Its most outstanding feature is its magnificent temperature control. It goes high enough to give you amazing food choices. Design-wise, the grill sports a pretty conventional design. This means it’s durable but not portable. But its decent grilling space and brilliant rack spacing should make up for that.
Additionally, the grill comes with a helpful side shelf. This offers you more prep space, among other things. With its great temperature range and high durability, you won’t find many better options.
3. Weber 22510201 SmokeFire EX4
Sporting a brilliant LCD interface, this is the most advanced pellet grill on this list. The LCD interface completely simplifies the whole cooking process. It helps users to track their food. Apart from that, the grill adds a range of flavors to your meal with its improved natural wood smoke. With its range of temperature settings, you'll struggle to find a more versatile option.
Amazingly, you can set its temperature based on your preferences. It’s also worth noting that cleaning is straightforward with this machine. It comes with a mechanism that eliminates ashes with only a touch. In general, this Weber EX 4 gets the job done like others, but with style. It costs $999, though, but considering its bells and whistles, we can’t complain.
4. Camp Chef Woodwind Classic Pellet Grill
The last product we will be recommending is Camp Chef Woodwind Classic Pellet Grill. With its stainless-steel construction, it’s clear that Camp Chef designed this grill for longevity. Apart from that, it also offers the highest level of convenience. It comes with adjustable features that allow for smart and controlled cooking. It also attributes smart temperature controls, making it a very versatile option.
And if you are likely to be cooking for a crowd, you don’t need to worry as the unit highlights the large grilling area. In terms of maintenance and cleaning, this model is matchless. For this purpose, it presents a unique exclusive ash cleanout system. This system directs ash into a detachable drawer. This way, you can get rid of it without any hassle. And this unit is affordable, costing $599.
How to Clean Your Pellet Grill
If you wish to enjoy your pellet grill for many years, then you need to clean it often. Follow the steps below when cleaning your grill:
- Clean the lid - Scrape all the accumulation on the lid with a nylon scrubber and a putty knife.
- Empty the grill - Take out most components, including the drip pan, deflector plate, and grates. Then scrub each of them using your scrubbing brush and a knife.
- Scrape everything -Scrape every nook and cranny of the inside of the grill, using your scraper. Ensure you reach the back region where the chimney appended to the barrel as there’ll be lots of buildups there.
- Clean the grates - If your grates are dishwasher-safe, put them in the dishwasher. But if it isn’t safe for dishwashing, scrape them clean using a nylon scrub brush.
- Remember the thermometer – Clean your grill’s thermometer using a paper towel. Do the same thing with the grease chute as well, as there can be grease spillage if it gets blocked.
- Clean the exterior - It’s also important to clean the exterior as you want your grill to keep its sparkling look. If you have a stainless steel grill, use a spray or stainless-steel wipe. You can also add a brand-new effect by wiping down the grill’s exterior with thin oil. This helps to condition everything.
- Reassemble - Finally, put all the components back together, and that’s. Your machine is ready to go again.
Combining the unique attributes of a smoker, a charcoal grill, and an electric grill, the pellet grill is the true all-in-one package. Little wonder it’s becoming more and more popular among BBQ enthusiasts in recent times. Ready to take that leap, there are plenty of options to choose from. But you may be wondering, “what is the best pellet grill on the market?” There is no one-size-fits-all answer for that. Make sure you choose a reliable model from a reliable company. With the best pellet grills, your grilling experience will never remain the same.